November 07, 2011

My Daddy

I love Fathers! Harold B. Lee once said to fathers "The most important work you will ever do will be the work you do within the walls of your own home." I'm thankful to be surrounded by men who follow this counsel. While traveling around the world we met some pretty great fathers. All were hard working, honest, good men. Many of these fathers work with their hands; they till the earth, herd the cattle, chop the wood. And many of them have their children working right beside them. It is comforting to know that there are good men everywhere doing their best to raise their children. Here are a few of my favorite fathers: some nearby and some faraway.


My Daddy

by Kristen R. Sweeney ©2011


Daddy is big. Daddy is strong.
His arms can hold me all day long.
Daddy can fix things. Daddy can cook.
At nighttime Daddy can read me a book.
Daddy helps me and works all day.
But sometimes daddy likes to play.
Daddy loves me and big brother.
Daddy loves baby and my mother.
Daddy is good. Daddy is smart.
My daddy has a great big heart.

5 comments:

  1. i think this post and your previous post, on mothers, are my favorite! I also loved your paris one. I am lucky to be surrounded by amazing men, and women also! I also am grateful to have my husband be my best friend and glad i get to cuddle into bed with him tonight :) I really want to go to paris with him now too and put a lock on that fence- so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures. And a cute poem. I love the picture of Doug and Halley. And then I came to the picture of James and Emma and I love that too. And then I came to the picture of...

    Loved it all. You're amazing. I wish I could have been there to see ALL the pictures.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...i'm a recruiter for Ralph Lauren modeling and am interested in the gentleman in your last picture. do you have contact information?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. like that poem. fitting to the pics.
    can't wait for the books

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Daddy will say, "The answer iiiiiisss ... NO!" before you even finish asking the question.

    ReplyDelete